The Northwest Museum of Cartoon Arts is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to an expansive creative space that supports all aspects of cartoon art while focusing on the Pacific Northwest. We are a group of artists, writers, publishers, fans, collectors, animators and visionaries that want to join other world-class museums like the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco, the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and Museum in Columbus and the Cartoon Museum in London. We value the artistry and artists, our next generation of artists and fans, and the youth whose growing passion for the medium will keep us relevant and vibrant.
Watch us grow, help us grow, and celebrate our coming myriad of successes as we navigate the challenges ahead.
Create a vibrant, living space that is accessible to all and celebrates the diversity, history, influence, and joy of all aspects of cartoon art. Whether you are new to cartoon art or a life-long fan, NWMOCA is the place for you!
- Celebrate the diversity of art and artists.
- Build community & and networks for the next generation of artists.
- Promote literacy and young adult education.
- Document NW contributions to graphic history.
- Create educational and artistic opportunities.